Parafine Press is a full-service boutique publishing company. We offer authors a suite of comprehensive services to bring books on any topic from the spark of an idea to a bound-and-printed final product. Our experienced team includes editors with a wide range of expertise and backgrounds in developmental and copy editing, proofreaders with eagle eyes for detail, book designers with experience creating clean and sophisticated interior and cover designs, production managers with expertise in handling metadata and publishing databases, and shipping and fulfillment managers.
Prospective clients should contact Parafine Press with a brief outline of their project. We will send you an estimate, as well a contract that stipulates the services we would provide and the expectations and deadlines authors must meet.
Clients may choose the full suite of publishing services, the basic package, or the basic package plus a la carte services. Payments will be scheduled in stages as services are completed. Authors (80%) and Parafine (20%) split the proceeds from sales.
- proofread your manuscript
- design your cover
- help you decide your book’s trim size, and paper and cover stock, as well as whether or not to make conventional (offset) print copies, and if so, how many
- purchase, assign, and add metadata for an ISBN and barcode, and include on book if necessary
- submit designed and formatted manuscript to databases that produce Print on Demand copies and list the title in IngramSpark, the major distributor in the United States
A la carte options
Parafine can also offer the following services:
- copy editing
- developmental editing (assistance with structure, scope, and focus)
- interior graphics: diagrams/maps/illustrations
- photo editing/retouching
- fulfillment of individual orders
- contract with printers to produce offset copies
- handle distribution of print copies from Belt warehouse to vendors
- author/book promotional website
The full package:
All of the basic package, and then some, as your project requires.